Product information CaReS-1S
CaReS®-1S is an implant used for the treatment of full-layer, localized small cartilage defects of up to 6 cm2. CaReS®-1S is a sterile, ready for use, primarily cell-free implant consisting of a patented collagen type I matrix. CaReS®-1S fills the defect zone completely and is colonized by cells migrating from the surrounding tissue leading to the formation of hyaline-like regenerated cartilage tissue.
CaReS®-1S is a technology of cartilage regeneration providing all benefits of autologous chondrocyte implantation (ACI) without requiring an additional intervention for biopsy (autologous chondrocyte immigration, ACIM).
- Effective pain relief and improved mobility and thus improved quality of life for your patients
- Proven migration of cells into the CaReS®-1S matrix and formation of hyaline-like cartilage allowing for earlier weight bearing
- One stage, gentle surgical procedure
- Easy and fast application
- CaReS®-1S is ready-to-use at any time during surgery avoiding logistical efforts
- No administrative efforts or complex approval procedure