Product information CaReS
CaReS® is an innovative technology for the treatment of joint lesions. The patented 3D cell-collagen type I matrix provides a high cell activity and functionality and an almost natural production of cartilage-specific collagen type II.
The collagen type I matrix was developed in collaboration with the Fraunhofer Institute for Interfacial Engineering and Biotechnology (IGB, Institut für Grenzflächen- und Bioverfahrenstechnik) in Stuttgart, Germany. Unlike the carrier media in the collagen foam or resorbable fleece the chondrocytes can be clearly defined and controlled in the collagen. Moreover, only a small quantity of chondrocytes is needed for a gel matrix based cell transplantation. During surgery, height and shape of the CaReS® implant can be adapted to the defect.
- Clearly defined cell matrix constructs
- Due to 0-passages production times are reduced considerably
- Chondrocytes in the CaReS® matrix have a high cell vitality
- CaReS® grafts provide an excellent bonding to the surrounding cartilage.
- Mini-arthrotomy makes surgery simple and fast
- The surrounding structures are not damaged by sutures or pins.
- The osmotic properties of CaReS® ensure optimal nourishment of the chondrocytes.
- CaReS® is manufactured in accordance with the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).